PLAI is a unique music and arts festival taking place each September in Timisoara. This year’s edition starts Friday, 13th of September.
As the organizers describe it: “After five editions, PLAI is the biggest world music festival in Europe that is organized entirely by volunteers, and in the same time, it’s the most important event of its kind in Romania.”
Here are a bit more details about the schedule.
Concerts at the Main Stage:
- Maïa Vidal
- Vieux Farka Touré
- Baba Zula
- Nuevo Tango Quintet feat. Marili Machado
Besides the concerts, a good choice of theater, dance and Irish music is scheduled at the Small Stage, movies at the Movies House and relaxing music at the Chill Area.
A large variety of activities, arts and crafts awaits the participants at the “Cultural Alley”, you can find out the exact schedule available on the website or app.
These are a some of the workshops:
- photography and painting
- yoga and meditation
- origami, Japanese language
- decorative art
- make-up and special effects
- handmade jewelry and quilting
- introduction to DJ-ing
- juggling, balloon twisting and face painting
- self-defense techniques
- guitar and violin shows
- games and board games
Some of the permanent activities:
- graffiti and face painting workshops
- dog adoptions; dog walk & playground
- outdoor library
- photography and painting exhibitions
- “pimp my bike”
- sculpting, pottery, carving workshops
- IT and electronics workshops
More information about concerts, activities, tickets, how to get there, accommodation and camping are also available on the website and apps.
See you there!